To get you started, does the word falafel sound familiar to you?
This is simply a deep-fried meatball or a doughnut-shaped patty that is made from ground fava beans or chickpeas. Unlike its counterpart dish popularly known as Shawarma Vegas, falafel is an excellent option for vegetarians as it is prepared using ingredients such as pickles, cucumbers and other garnishes such as eggplant and shredded veggies- totally meatless fixings. Other than the taste and some nutrients to provide, that is what is good about falafel.
This popular dish is easy to prepare at home, that is if you want to get a hold of the ingredients that you want and put yourself in control.
To give your dish that spicy and personalized taste, check out what you’ll need.
Ingredients for a classic home-prepped Falafel
- 1 cup dried Chickpea
- Two tablespoons flour
- Three tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- One large chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- Two cloves chopped garlic
- 200 ml frying oil
- One teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper(optional)
- I teaspoon cumin
- Pour chickpeas into a bowl with cold water, drain chickpeas and place in another pan with freshwater (this step is exceptional for canned peas).
- Heat to boiling for 5 minutes, then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
- Drain the remaining water and allow the chickpeas to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mash the peas and mix with all ingredients together.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of an egg
- Fry the balls in preheated oil until golden brown and serve while hot
There you have an it-an excellent meal for you with just a few ingredients. You can make your dish more amazing by getting creative. You don’t have to keep frying your meatballs all the time. Baking is also an option. To spike your meal to a Shawarma Vegas level, you should consider:
Some Creative Ways to Serve Falafel
Instead of rolling your blended chickpeas into balls, try rolling it flat like a doughnut for a burger. You can use chickpeas and fava beans altogether and mix them with your ingredients. If you’re up for a crispier fixing, try baking your falafel instead of frying it and serve on toasted buns with the toppings of your choice.
Your dish would taste even better when it’s accompanied by tacos wrappings that make tacos what it is. You can as well serve it with cilantro and sauce to create a more delicious fusion dish.
Who doesn’t love pizza! It’s probably the first dish that you would want to eat if you are not up for cooking, or when you have friends over. It would be a great thrill for your friends. Once rolled out flat and baked to crispiness, you’ll only need to top it up with vibrant fixings like roasted vegetables and spread a little sauce on it.
Getting more creative with your dish puts you more on the edge of tasting something beautiful instead of always going the traditional way.
These best falafel Las Vegas serving options are priceless! It won’t hurt to try.